01 June, 2012

TODAY BEFORE IT'S TOMORROW...

View of St. Louis Science Center looking toward "Dago Hill"

Today - Got to sleep in 'til almost 0730 before the docs started coming in. Nothing new to report on the diagnostic front, but they finally have the information they need to know what they're dealing with. The work from S.E. Hospital finally all arrived, the PET scan yesterday and a Radiation Therapy specific CT scan and MRI were done today. Now to get it all reviewed.

Optimally, a hysterectomy and surgical removal of the surrounding tissues possibly backed up with minimal radiation would solve the problem. But due to the heparin treatment for the clotting issue, that's right out. So the preliminary plan is for med-high level doses of radiation from internal and external sources, 5 days a week for 6 weeks. Tentative start date being 15 JUNE.

This plan also eliminates the idea of getting rehab in Cape. While there is a "cancer treatment center" affiliated with S.E. Hosp., same as the rehab center, I don't trust them to nuke a TV Dinner, much less a potentially life threatening cancer in my wife. They may be quite capable, but I ain't taking that chance.

Anyway, after hiking across the complex and back and a mini-eternity spent in Radiation, we get back to the room and I get the first chow I've had in 18 hours and the chance to sit, relax and digest the info I received from Doc Nukem. For some reason that escapes me, Anna's I.V. pump needed tending to. So I silence the alarm and call the nurse's station to report the alarm. After hitting the "silence" button 8-10 times, Not-Our-Nurse comes in to resolve the problem.

Somewhere in the process, Nurse Allthumbs yanks on the line hard enough to get Anna's Ativan addled ass to moan in pain, but fortunately the new line stays in place. And speaking of yanking on things, another Registered Nuisance that helped move Anna from the transport gurney to her bed tries to remove excess bedding from under her by yanking the hell out of it. Both of them were cordially invited to GTFO and I did it myself.

How is it that a former medic who hasn't dealt with a patient in over 20 years can get it right, but "Professionals" who look down their noses at me and allegedly do this every day get it so wrong?? I swear the next walking clusterf@&k that pulls one of these bonehead moves is gonna find out exactly just how impact resistant these 17th floor windows are....

Well, it's almost tomorrow again, so I'll wrap this up. It's the weekend, so I don't expect too much to be going on, but if you hear a news report about someone taking a swan dive off the top of Barnes, you'll know something happened.

G'nite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The windows are weakest at the exact center. The frames they sit in, however...

Much love.

Mom, Plat, & family